Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Old Cupboard into Serving Tray

Yes, yet another Pintrest find. I have been wanting to re-due my master bedroom now that my daughter's room is almost complete. When I ran across this on www.craftynest.com I knew I had to make these for my side tables.
Here is their example:

An old cupboard, made into a serving tray. Clever, hu??
So, I took a little trip to the Habitat for Humanities Re-sell store, and went crazy in there! I have so many ideas for projects.

This is how they started. Can you read the price tag? $3.00!!!!!


Sanded and spray painted them with three coats of white spray paint. ( I should buy stock in this stuff. It's wonderful.)


Found some hardware at Hobby Lobby that was 50% off. I think I paid $2.00 for each handle.


 Nailed the handles to the tray.



I tried two different inlays for the tray. This one is a piece of scrapbook paper cut to size and fits perfectly in the center. I like this idea because then you can change the inlay whenever you want to give it a new look.







For the second one, I decided to try some stencil work. I used this stencil, and made my own design to fit the space in the tray.

 I used a combination of these two paints to give it a sheer look.


 It is more sheer than what the picture shows. But, I love how both of them turned out. These are going to be a great addition to my side tables!


Side-by-side. They each will go on a white table like this one. Stay classy.



creative. endeavor= completed

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my projects. Any feedback would be appreciated! Let me know what you think!! Happy Crafting. Onward.